Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL NETWORK SAYS BENGALS STILL IN AFC NORTH HUNT.
(09-30-2017, 09:44 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I doubt we win the division with this offensive line, but I saw NFL Network say that 8-8 could make the playoffs.

8-8 doesn't seem that unreasonable until you notice that we have Marvin coaching and, even as a long-time Marvin defender, I don't think we have a shot.

If he keeps attacking Green Bay when we were up 14, we win that game, but he got into his typical Marvin ball of calling off the dogs and playing not to lose instead of playing to win, and Rodgers tore us apart.

Typical Marvin.  I get so tired of the playing-not-to-lose mentality.  At halftime they should've changed it up, throw in a little up-tempo, spread them out, etc.  Instead, stick to the same plan and HOPE the defense holds.

Marvin would never try something like that because in his mind that would not shorten the game and would tire his defense.  He always goes with the conservative approach because that's what supposed to be the formula.

His message and strategies are stale, what worked in the 90's does not necessarily work today.  Heck, last week Pittsburgh got the ball back with a little over 20 seconds left in the half deep in their own territory.  Ben threw downfield 2 or 3 times, hoping for something, anything, maybe in a pass interference to steal a FG before the half.  Think Marvie would do that?  Nope.  He'll take a knee with over a minute left.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: NFL NETWORK SAYS BENGALS STILL IN AFC NORTH HUNT. - Daddy-O - 09-30-2017, 10:13 AM