Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Domestic Terrorism
(09-30-2017, 01:45 PM)Dill Wrote: Making a logical implication explicit is not a "twist" to anyone who understands the concept of logical implication. You cannot say (or imply) a bias against fascism is bad without implying either no bias against fascism or bias in favor of it is good. No "twisting" there at all. These implications are part of the logical structure of the original claim--i.e., logically necessary.

Although I always enjoy your richly undeserved air of intellectual condescension, allow me to point out that you stated you didn't view being friends with a violent political agitator the same way you viewed being friends with David Duke.  The bias you exhibit is not against fascists, it's in favor of people who see, and use, violence as a political tool.  As an acceptable response to speech or political views they find disagreeable.  The bias you exhibit, is therefore a tolerance of violence as long as you find the target acceptably unacceptable.  This is why I hold you and GMDino in utter contempt.  While, in your own mind, claiming the moral high ground you expose yourself as morally bankrupt and intellectual dishonest.

Quote:When I claim "deflection," I explain what is deflected and how. I don't JUST assert it.  You did equate ANTIFA to the KKK by claiming they attacked people who merely had a different opinion.  That was a support to YOUR argument. Questioning YOUR premise is not deflection.

Again incorrect.  I equate people who view violence as an acceptable tool to be used against political opposition to be equally abhorrent.  Whether that violence is predicated on the color of a person's skin or the views they hold is meaningless to me.  In essence, when your skull is cracked open you are no less injured or aggrieved if you were targeted for your political beliefs then you would be if you were target for your ethnicity.

Quote:You've still not offered any effective support to your claim the Mayor belongs to BAMN.  But you keep claiming it. In place of support, you reference my story about Muslims returning wallets.  A second time you have done that in place of substantive argument.  And all that after accusing me of deflection.  And you've still not conceded that cops hitting people with batons and arresting them is not cops "doing nothing."

Again, incorrect.  I have not supplied enough proof to satisfy you.  The thing is I could care less about satisfying you because you have an agenda and your agenda trumps evidence.  You are intellectually dishonest.  You are asked if being friends with David Duke would be viewed as innocently.  Instead of owning the similarities you scramble to argue David Duke is somehow worse, while missing the point that being friends with either is grounds for censure for a public servant.  You want to cherry pick one instance of police finally intervening while ignoring the multitude of times they did not.  This is why "debating" you is a pointless exercise but, as I've said, I don't do it to justify or convince you of anything.  I do it to expose how utterly devoid of logic and reason your beliefs and arguments are.

Quote:You chose to feel "sad" that I employed a play on your own words, and then chose to share that feeling with us, rather than explain what specifically you find superb in Leonard's argument. Why spend time emoting rather than supporting any of your own claims?
Is it possible that you mistake sharing your feelings for an argument or a rebuttal of any point I have made here?

Dude, you dubbed your own post "superb".  That's the textbook definition of pathetic.

Quote:Can you respond to any of the points I made in this and previous posts by supporting your claims with evidence, including claims I "deflect" or "twist" some point you make? And keep all that focused on the original question I raised about the OP? One-line quips, vague sweeping references to others' arguments, and descriptions of your feelings will not do the job.  

Nope, no one on this board can respond in a matter that will meet your lofty scholarly standards.  Just remember, surveys you post are good, surveys other people post are bad.  Your sources are the work of serious scholars, the sources of others are meaningless drivel.  I do appreciate your posts though, they drive more people away from your school of thought than a thousand well worded responses.
[/quote]

Messages In This Thread
Domestic Terrorism - Belsnickel - 09-22-2017, 04:57 PM
RE: Domestic Terrorism - bfine32 - 09-22-2017, 10:18 PM
RE: Domestic Terrorism - Dill - 09-27-2017, 10:52 PM
RE: Domestic Terrorism - Dill - 09-27-2017, 11:33 PM
RE: Domestic Terrorism - Dill - 09-28-2017, 02:32 AM
RE: Domestic Terrorism - GMDino - 09-28-2017, 09:27 AM
RE: Domestic Terrorism - Dill - 09-28-2017, 06:46 PM
RE: Domestic Terrorism - Vlad - 09-28-2017, 07:08 PM
RE: Domestic Terrorism - Dill - 09-29-2017, 07:05 PM
RE: Domestic Terrorism - Dill - 09-30-2017, 01:45 PM