Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does The Media Falsely Portray Trump?
Trump wasn't saying that players should have their rights stripped away, he was basically saying that the NFL has the right to discipline those that disrespect the flag and they choose not to...which is frustrating to many. It's a little odd that the NFL lets it go on when a big chunk of their customer base clearly isn't happy about it. At least the NBA has it right. For now.

To sum this up:

- Players (workers) have the right to free speech and peaceful protest
- The NFL (employers) have the right to discipline their employees, "fire" them or allow the protests
- Fans have the right to complain or stop watching if the NFL chooses to look the other way
- Trump has the right to say what he said

Isn't America grand? We have all these amazing rights thanks to the constitution, which is one of many amazing things the US Flag represents.

Btw, I like how so many players were upset about Trump's "fire that SOB" comment, but they won't take a stand (or kneel?) to protest Kaepernick actually being fired (blackballed).

As for the OP: I agree with bfine somewhat. I do think some of the criticism is fair (as with any Prez) and the way he engages the media makes him even more of a target (even though they hated him from jump). The media for the most part definitely leans left and their slants are biased. I do think some stuff is made up. All that impeachment stuff and the "Trump is BFF's with Putin" was bunk. I'm sure I could think of plenty more if I really wanted to think about it.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does The Media Falsely Portray Trump? - Shake n Blake - 09-30-2017, 02:53 PM