Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Underreported Point on Puerto Rico
(10-01-2017, 06:50 PM)6andcounting Wrote: She's making a name for herself by causing a huge scene and switching from praising to attacking Trump literally overnight instead of meeting with FEMA about the 10,000 shipping containers of resources that have been sitting at her port since Wednesday.

That's not my opinion though...

"Neighboring mayor praises Trump, says San Juan mayor playing 'politics,' AWOL at meetings"

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/neighboring-mayor-praises-trump-says-san-juan-mayor-playing-politics-awol-at-meetings/article/2636185

Could be. I haven't been keeping up on what everyone claims. And politicians are politicians after all.

Actually, the situation in PR reminds me a lot of the situation in Katrina in some respects. Namely, they are having a hard time getting to some of the places hit because infrastructure is so damaged.

I tended to take the Bush Admin's word for the situation back in 2005. And despite the kindergarten description of PR's location by the POTUS, I tend to take their word concerning relief efforts there.

That said, over the years the U.S. has really crapped on a lot of "citizens" who have to live in these commonwealths we have created. A person from Haiti who successfully applies for citizenship is better off than the people in PR who are ostensibly "citizens".
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Underreported Point on Puerto Rico - Bengalzona - 10-01-2017, 07:06 PM