Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ogbuehi - so is he officially done in Cincy??
(10-01-2017, 07:17 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Interesting coincidence:  A friend who was visiting watched the game with me today -- he doesn't watch the Bengals at all --and his first question he asked was, "Why can't they open lanes for the runners like everyone else does?"

Not to continue drifting too far off topic, as that issue has been discussed ad-nauseum around here.  I will say that in order for the Zone blocking scheme to be effective, you have to start with a group of OLmen that have good cohesion together.  It also takes good coordination between the OL coach, the RBs coach and the OC, in order to make it work.  

When it does work, like the Bronco's made famous in the late 90's, it is fantastic.  You can have the perfect OL with smaller, more athletic players.  However, unless the entire offensive coaching staff and scouting department are completely vested in it, it cannot work.  In my opinion, the team is not vested in Paul Alexander's philosophy enough to make that work here.  What I think they should do;  Is to allow Lazor to select the OL coach of his choice, one that employs the blocking schemes that he has envisioned for his offense.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ogbuehi - so is he officially done in Cincy?? - SunsetBengal - 10-01-2017, 07:31 PM