Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ogbuehi - so is he officially done in Cincy??
(10-01-2017, 07:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You make an excellent point about Paul Alexander trying to push the Zone Blocking scheme with personnel that obviously don't respond well to it.

However, as for Cedric Ogbuehi specifically;  He may be a talented athlete, but I don't believe that Professional Offensive Lineman is his true calling.  I don't see the aggressive, physical nature from him to be a brute.  And I don't see the attention to detail, perfection of craft, to even be an effective finesse/technician type of OLman that can get the job done, on a regular basis.

Great post.

He looks like a prototypical tackle...tall, lean, muscular, athletic...he's just not physical. He gave up a lot of sacks in college.

As far as the question as to in he's done here. I don't know that Smith can be counted on to remain healthy for 12 games. Also who knows what the Bengals will do after the season? We know they don't like to pay money for free agents and there generally aren't a lot of talented Tackles out there. Will they draft one?

How important is an offensive line? Gurley is tearing it up for the Rams as is Goff with an improved line.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ogbuehi - so is he officially done in Cincy?? - THE PISTONS - 10-01-2017, 07:41 PM