Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Case building for taking Deshaun Watson over John Ross in Draft - 1st round REDO
(10-02-2017, 02:05 PM)depthchart Wrote: I agree that it is way Outside the Bengals Box.

Also understand your points about the Bengals limited use of Free Agency making a need to use every possible Draft pick just to fill out enough quality starters on the Roster. So a high pick QB may seem like a Luxury Pick. I sort of saw John Ross as a Luxury pick.

I find "what if" topics interesting. Many say "what if" Zeitler and Whitworth had stayed which is a form of hindsight that we can't go back and change, so to me a 1st round pick redo is similar as a hindsight topic to discuss.

Just a different way to think about things.

Meanwhile, we have what is actually going on also to discuss. We have John Ross and Zeitler & Whitworth are gone.

I sometimes try to escape what is actually going on with "what if" topics maybe to lessen the boredom or as a coping mechanism.  Tongue

Ross was absolutely a luxury pick and a guy drafted largely off of his 40 yard dash time. People will argue that he was a good college WR and I don't dispute that but had he ran a slower 40 yard time he was likely a 2nd Round pick.

I went back and forth on it at the draft and I really liked Foster. Had I been running the Bengals, he was my pick. I liked Dalvin Cook 2nd best.

Mixon, while I think is very talented...I would have drafted Robinson in the 2nd. The trade up and get Elflein the C from OSU in the 3rd. (He went several picks before us.) Then draft Lawson and Willis still.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Case building for taking Deshaun Watson over John Ross in Draft - 1st round REDO - THE PISTONS - 10-02-2017, 03:50 PM