Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Case building for taking Deshaun Watson over John Ross in Draft - 1st round REDO
(10-02-2017, 03:50 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Ross was absolutely a luxury pick and a guy drafted largely off of his 40 yard dash time. People will argue that he was a good college WR and I don't dispute that but had he ran a slower 40 yard time he was likely a 2nd Round pick.

I went back and forth on it at the draft and I really liked Foster. Had I been running the Bengals, he was my pick. I liked Dalvin Cook 2nd best.

Mixon, while I think is very talented...I would have drafted Robinson in the 2nd. The trade up and get Elflein the C from OSU in the 3rd. (He went several picks before us.) Then draft Lawson and Willis still.

So Reuben Foster in round 1.
Offensive tackle Cam Robinson went to the Jaguars & Tom Coughlin was likely behind that pick which is a good sign for Robinson. I think he is the starting Left tackle and that looks like a solid move to possibly Redo. Zimmer got Center Pat Elflein and he could easily be an upgrade over Bodine.

Lawson & Willis have been fine picks.

Mixon would be the odd man out in your scenario as I see it.

I fear that John Ross will provide Marvin Jones type production, which isn't bad but not what a #9 overall pick in round one should garnish.
Hopefully Ross can surprise me to the upside and stay healthy.

There are no right and wrong answers here to me. Just food for thought. Each move has Pros and Cons with say Deshaun Watson or Ross or any other move. Risks and possible rewards of differing types.

Your scenario would have definitely helped reduce the effects of losing Whitworth and Zeitler by having more O-line competition & likely 2 starters.

I think Mike Brown saw it as having already invested a 1st rounder in Cedric and a 2nd in Fisher, then expecting the Coaches to make his investment pay off. Plus having the O-line coach assure him it will pay off.

They are All In on who they have now with an Uphill climb to make.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Case building for taking Deshaun Watson over John Ross in Draft - 1st round REDO - depthchart - 10-02-2017, 04:25 PM