Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deadliest Mass Shooting in US History: 50 dead in Las Vegas
(10-02-2017, 04:52 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Maybe its just me, but im honestly shocked that this kind of stuff doesnt happen more often. Its so easy for someone to run up into a crowd with some kind of weapon and kill a bunch of people.

Prayers and thoughts to those affected in Vegas. Absolutely horrible.

I'm not. The common average human being is a relatively good person insofar that if you put a gun in a person's hand and put them in front of a helpless wounded person with absolutely no witnesses, the vast vast overwhelming majority would help the wounded person. At least that's what I believe.

Now as you get less extreme and change it to things like dropped money, the ratio of good-to-bad would be a lot more equal, but I do believe that overall they are mostly good.

I mean, we sell bleach and ammonia by the gallons to anyone in a supermarket. Pretty much everyone has some in their house, and everyone knows it's dangerous if they got mixed together, yet I have never heard of anyone combining them and using them in an attack.

(10-02-2017, 05:04 PM)Benton Wrote: I was talking to a co-worker who was saying we should just outlaw anything that's not a handgun, but along the same lines, if you wanted to injure or harm lots of people, you could make a portable bomb in a black suitcase, roll it into public area (hotel, mall, parking lot of tailgaters) and have it go off. Or a Timothy McVeigh-esque van parked near somewhere populated.

And have to bow hunt for all that delicious venison? Boo.

But you're right about the bomb. There will always be other methods. Which is a bummer, but there's simply no realistic way of stopping all of them.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Damn shame what happened in Vegas, though. I hope all the wounded recover.

I saw articles where tons of people are lined up to donate blood for the victims.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Deadliest Mass Shooting in US History: 50 dead in Las Vegas - TheLeonardLeap - 10-02-2017, 06:18 PM