Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody still want hue for HC?
(10-03-2017, 12:43 AM)Whatever Wrote: I never wanted Hue.  He's a pretty good coordinator and position coach, but has proven to be a horrible HC.  Hue has a 9-27 record as a HC, which is .250.  Dave Shula was 19-52, which is .268.  When Dave Shula is an upgrade, you're trash.

Josh McCown
Johnny Manziel
Austin Davis

These are the QBs the Browns had in 2015 before he took over in 2016.

Cody Kessler
Robert Griffin III
Josh McCown
Kevin Hogan
Charlie Whithurst
DeShone Kizer

Those are the QBs that have thrown passes for him the last 20 games.

The Browns burned their organization completely to the ground after the 2015 season and are still rebuilding it back up. I think the Browns FO is looking at it like they're basically an expansion team. It took the Houston Texans until their 8th year after joining the NFL to have a winning season. I think the Browns always planned on giving Hue 3 years to show progress. Keep in mind they knew they weren't going to be a winning team this year, so they have little incentive to win. It's a baseball FO, and in baseball if you're clearly not going to be good, you tank for a few years, build up a roster of young high draft picks, and then go on your run. The Cubs did it, the Astros did it. Now is it going to translate across sports? Who knows.

Just remember that the Browns have like 5 picks in the first 2 rounds of the 2018 draft, which is supposedly loaded on QBs. I think since they knew they weren't playoff contenders, they don't actually WANT to win that badly. They want another year of high draft picks and they will look to win in 2018. They just can't look like they don't care because I think blatantly and openly tanking is against the rules.

So Hue will get a 3rd year with a 1st or 2nd overall pick QB in a loaded QB draft.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

All that aside and back on the original question, Hue isn't my first pick for Bengals HC, but he couldn't be worse than Marvin.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Anybody still want hue for HC? - Beaker - 10-02-2017, 09:03 PM
RE: Anybody still want hue for HC? - TheLeonardLeap - 10-03-2017, 12:58 AM
RE: Anybody still want hue for HC? - J24 - 10-03-2017, 01:47 AM
RE: Anybody still want hue for HC? - Au165 - 10-03-2017, 12:53 PM