Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My number 1 concern after the cleveland game
(10-02-2017, 09:55 PM)Millhouse Wrote: In a way I agree about the overall technique. Havent been a fan of it for years. 

But at same time the talent level on the line just blows for run blocking regardless of technique. Andre and Boling are the only two above average run blockers they have. The other 4 just cant get a push at all. As soon as they fire off the line, it's a giant stalement. And the o-lineman have the advantage to boot as they know the snap count and what play it is.

Agreed..lack of running game is the symptom not the cause.  The cause being what you say.

Seen enough videos, GIFs, etc where the whole line appears to be getting swamped and bullied...the total line run blocking has not been consistently good in a couple of seasons at least.

I know Ced gets a lot of grief and its deserved - especially in pass pro but I think Bodine is hugely culpable in the run game - the center of the line just collapses at times and even if his man does not get the runner often the play is dead , misdirected before it even gets going
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: My number 1 concern after the cleveland game - sonofstat - 10-03-2017, 03:47 PM