Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Black Lives matter shuts down Bernie
(08-14-2015, 07:49 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: I don't take it personal or anything, I just find it odd to basically be called an idiot twice because not only is he a mod, but he also failed to share anything that disproved what I said.  Well, unless you count him saying so as proof. 

First off, welcome to the board. If you're a new member you may think I mean that sarcastically. I don't. I really do mean welcome and I hope you keep posting. 

With that said, it might help to provide some background. 90 percent of the board has a basic "good neighbor" philosophy. Treat others as you want to be treated and, as long as it falls in the CoC, everbody posts and gets along. You want to talk about the greatness of Peko, the size of Andy's junk or Marvin's breakfast in Jungle Noise, go for it. Post a mock draft, great. Want to tell people what you hate about your job in Klotsch, then go for it.

But that 10 percent where the good neighbor tends to fall off is the smack forum and PnR. In smack, it's generally good natured between divisional fans and our Bengals fans. CoC rules still apply. They still apply here in PnR, too, but generally the topics shared here inspire a little more passion among posters. So if you make a sweeping statement like you did that trickle up economics were to blame for Greece's problem expect to get the deserving ridicule. It's not the same as if you call Eifert the greatest TE ever in Jungle Noise, or making a mock draft in the draft forum and having a punter going first overall. Sure, you'll get some sarcastic comments, but not like making sweeping, unfounded statements in PnR.

With that in mind, do your own research. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/europes-weapon-of-mass-destruction/2015/06/29/2791ecbc-1e9d-11e5-aeb9-a411a84c9d55_story.html

Quote: But this wild, boom-time overborrowing left it destitute when credit and demand dried up during the financial crisis. Thanks to the currency union, Greece no longer had the means — currency devaluation — to inflate away its debts and export its way out of a deepening recession. Instead, its euro-zone family members — particularly Germany, the effective patriarch — insisted on keeping inflation in the shared currency ultra-low, which was precisely the opposite of what Greece needed.

http://www.vox.com/2015/7/1/8871509/greece-charts
Quote:The roots of Greece's crisis are simple. Before Greece joined the Eurozone, investors treated it as a middle-income country with poor governance — which is to say, a credit risk. After Greece joined the Eurozone, investors thought that Greece was no longer a credit risk — they figured, if push came to shove, other Eurozone members like Germany would bail Greece out. They were wrong.

[Image: greece_graphics2_1024-1.0.png]

Again, Greece's problem has nothing to do with trickle up. It has to do with the switch to the euro. That had two effects. One it allowed them to borrow more money than they could handle. Two, to keep up with economic growth, they were forced to borrow. Not because they were giving it away to the masses, but because they didn't have the infrastructure in place to grow that fast.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Black Lives matter shuts down Bernie - Benton - 08-14-2015, 10:45 PM