Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A debate for mass shootings
This popped up in my FB memories from two years ago.  Sadly I don't remember which mass shooting that was right now.

Quote:After the latest mass killing I have seen some very interesting takes on line:

1) Guns don't kill people...people kill people!

Then why do we need guns?

2) Only a good person with a gun can stop a bad person with a gun.

He went down in a "suicide by cop" hail of bullets. Cops are good guys...but I don't think that's what you meant. I can't remember one mass shooting where the shooter was taken out by someone at the scene with a gun.

3) This is because God is no longer...something. 

If God will not stop a shooting in a church He will not interfere anywhere. This didn't happen because children aren't forced to pray every morning to one god. And if it did it wouldn't explain why there are shootings in movie theaters, hospitals, public, etc...that God allows too. Just stop.

Even if you believe 100% with your heart that somehow God would step in and stop all this if put the ten commandments on every street corner you have to understand that WE DO THIS TO OURSELVES. This is HUMAN behavior.

When someone kills in the name of their god we say they are not following that religion correctly...or they are following the WRONG religion. When someone kills someone because of the god the victim believes in we jump up to defend whatever god we believe in.

We have created a culture of hatred. One where *I* am right...*YOU* are wrong and there is no need to discuss anything in between. We have a culture where having "more" is more important that just having enough. Greed is killing us from the inside out. Greed and hate and envy and whatever vice you want to list.

And God is not going to suddenly jump in. Not because we are too far gone, but because we do it to ourselves.

So if it makes you feel better to buy another gun, or to pray, or to complain that is the rights fault or the lefts fault just remember that its OUR fault...we are too damn sure that "we" are right and we don't want to face the cold hard choices it would take to change a damn thing.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
A debate for mass shootings - Matt_Crimson - 10-03-2017, 10:58 PM
RE: A debate for mass shootings - Benton - 10-03-2017, 11:32 PM
RE: A debate for mass shootings - Au165 - 10-04-2017, 12:10 PM
RE: A debate for mass shootings - GMDino - 10-04-2017, 12:14 PM
RE: A debate for mass shootings - GMDino - 10-04-2017, 04:37 PM
RE: A debate for mass shootings - GMDino - 10-04-2017, 04:30 PM
RE: A debate for mass shootings - GMDino - 10-04-2017, 04:48 PM
RE: A debate for mass shootings - GMDino - 10-04-2017, 04:54 PM
RE: A debate for mass shootings - GMDino - 10-04-2017, 05:03 PM
RE: A debate for mass shootings - GMDino - 10-06-2017, 11:12 AM
RE: A debate for mass shootings - GMDino - 10-06-2017, 01:17 PM