Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Really Happens When You Use the R-Word
(10-05-2017, 02:47 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm sure there are some real angels here on the boards, but most people I know have jokingly called someone ******** before. I don't exactly use it frequently, and I do try to be sensitive to who I'm around when I say it.

Personally, I think the word has lost it's original meaning. Who refers to a mentally handicapped (is that ok to say anymore?) person as ******** these days? For decades, it's been used to describe a situation that doesn't make sense or a person (often a friend or a sibling) that's acting silly.

While this may be my personal view and one that I feel is shared my a large portion of the population, I understand and respect those that may be offended by the word. That won't stop me from using it occasionally, but I will try to respect them when they're around.

Exactly how I feel. I wouldn't use it in front of someone who is actually a ******. If I somehow offended someone here who is an actual ****** then I apologize.

If another poster is actually mentally handicapped and offended they can feel free to inbox me or reply to this post and I will personalize an apology.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Really Happens When You Use the R-Word - StLucieBengal - 10-05-2017, 02:59 PM