Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Another old ugly white man accussed of Sexual Harrishment!
(10-05-2017, 07:44 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Come on Dill, like you'd really be trying to be that reasonable if he was indeed a massive Republican supporter/doner for the last three decades, and had been close with Bush Jr, McCain, Romney, Trump, and all the R members of Congress.

Balls, GMD, Nati, etc, would be absolutely laying into the topic. Are you telling me you'd be posting this to defend Conservatives then?

I am still just laughing at how utterly little thought Balls put into making this thread that was instantly and undeniably proven false.

Len, Balls erred in calling Weinstein "conservative," certainly; and you made a valid correction.

For my part, unless there is spectacular hypocrisy by some moral scold (Bill O'Reilly, Dennis Hastert), or the accused is rewarded for bad behavior by voters (Trump), I generally don't waste time on sex and money scandals for either party.   In contrast to other areas of contention, like foreign policy, civility, science, and journalistic standards, I don't see much difference between liberals and conservatives. "Both sides do it." So if Weinstein were donating to Bush, McCain, et al, and then became focus of a sex scandal, then no, I would not be "laying into" those politicians or tsk-tsking Republicans. At the moment, such behavior appears an "individual" rather than a "group" characteristic, regardless of party.
But the election of Trump has changed the political context of sexual harassment scandals now, since Trump voters knew what they were getting and voted for him anyway.  Until Democrats do that too, they have the high ground whenever we are talking about harassment scandals.  Making that point was my only reason for intervening here.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Another old ugly white man accussed of Sexual Harrishment! - Dill - 10-06-2017, 12:57 AM