Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A debate for mass shootings
(10-06-2017, 10:40 AM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: Generally good points made around here. This thread basically came from an argument me and my wife were having about the Vegas shooting and I didn't see it as terrorism.

She said she sees it as terrorism because he killed and injured so many people. But I would goes as far as to say that terrorism actually doesn't need a body count or anyone injured for that matter in order for the event to be called terrorism. If someone blew up an empty stadium it would still be terrorism if the intention was to send some kind of message, political or otherwise.

I think that's something important to think abour. People often only want to call out terrorism when there's dead bodies on the ground or significant injury, but the truth is attacks without casualties is as much terrorism as attacks with massive casualties and too often emotions can cloud the way people view terrorism.

Which brings up another question. Does anyone believe the Charlottesville car attack was/was not terrorism?

Heck some believe he was just defending himself.

Hell, some believe the whole thing was a set up by "the left".

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2017/10/05/congressman-suggests-soros-funded-charlottesville-nazis/737670001/

Quote:Rep. Paul Gosar, R-Ariz., suggested without evidence that a billionaire known for promoting progressive causes may have funded the white nationalist rally in Charlottesville, Va., during an interview with Vice News published Thursday. 

Gosar said the Charlottesville rally, which led to the death of one counter-protester, could have been "created by the left" and that "George Soros is one of those individuals that helps back these individuals." 

The congressman made the comments during an interview focused on a lawsuit against him by a constituent who says Gosar violated her First Amendment rights when he blocked her on Facebook

Gosar said Unite the Right organizer Jason Kessler was an "Obama sympathizer." Kessler confessed to holding liberal allegiances in the past — including voting for Obama and participating in Occupy Wall Street — but he has also expressed strong concerns about immigration and the threat of "white genocide." 

Gosar said billionaire investor George Soros "is one of those people that actually helps back these individuals. Who is he? I think he’s from Hungary. I think he was Jewish. And I think he turned in his own people to the Nazis." 

When asked directly if he thought Soros funded the neo-Nazis in Charlottesville, Gosar said, "Wouldn’t it be interesting to find out?"

There is no evidence to support the theory. Gosar is echoing talking points that have been spouted by right-wing conspiracy theorists like Alex Jones, who tends to see the work of George Soros behind everything. 

"George Soros survived the Nazi occupation of Hungary, and he has spent his life supporting efforts to ensure that such terrifying authoritarianism never takes root again," a spokeswoman for Soros' Open Society Foundation told Vice News

"He was 14 years old when the war ended. He did not collaborate with the Nazis. He did not help round up people. He did not confiscate anybody’s property. Such baseless allegations are insulting to the victims of the Holocaust, to all Jewish people, and to anyone who honors the truth. It is an affront to Mr. Soros and his family, who against the odds managed to survive one of the darkest moments in our history." 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
A debate for mass shootings - Matt_Crimson - 10-03-2017, 10:58 PM
RE: A debate for mass shootings - Benton - 10-03-2017, 11:32 PM
RE: A debate for mass shootings - Au165 - 10-04-2017, 12:10 PM
RE: A debate for mass shootings - GMDino - 10-04-2017, 12:14 PM
RE: A debate for mass shootings - GMDino - 10-04-2017, 04:37 PM
RE: A debate for mass shootings - GMDino - 10-04-2017, 04:30 PM
RE: A debate for mass shootings - GMDino - 10-04-2017, 04:48 PM
RE: A debate for mass shootings - GMDino - 10-04-2017, 04:54 PM
RE: A debate for mass shootings - GMDino - 10-04-2017, 05:03 PM
RE: A debate for mass shootings - GMDino - 10-06-2017, 11:12 AM
RE: A debate for mass shootings - GMDino - 10-06-2017, 01:17 PM