Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Another old ugly white man accussed of Sexual Harrishment!
I think what frustrates me about these sorts of stories, is that it shows how much of the political game is about tribalism rather than ideology. When we have public figures, whether it be celebrity or elected, that are caught taking actions contrary to the ideological system of their groups it is far too often ignored by the group to which they belong. There may be some tut-tutting behind closed doors, but publicly they are often spared the brunt of it.

These people took actions counter to the stated positions of the group. Say it. Call them out. It needs to be recognized, they need to be chastised, and those that were complicit need to be chastised as well. I'm sick of this tribalism bullshit that is ruining these groups. This is why we have two parties that aren't too different from each other, it's because we've compromised so much on the ideologies running through them that they are indistinguishable from each other because they have no real substance to them.

/rant

Messages In This Thread
RE: Another old ugly white man accussed of Sexual Harrishment! - Belsnickel - 10-06-2017, 11:16 AM