Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting Bengals fact during playoff years in ML era
(10-06-2017, 12:13 PM)ochocincos Wrote: While the Bengals could get to the playoffs by just reaching a certain combined total from all RBs and not having one individual RB with 1100+ total yards from scrimmage, it's just never happened before in the ML era (15 years). Therefore, I think the likelihood of that is very low.

I would say if it was ever going to happen under Marvin Lewis, this is the most likely year. I don't think we've had a back so versatile on third downs (at least I hope that the stats bear it out and it's not just homer hype) as Bernard. I could see a scenario where he gets a lot of yards off of receptions alone. And if Mixon starts coming along as a rusher, there could be enough yards among the three (although Hill's best usage is probably only to spell Mixon anymore) to get the team in the playoffs without any one reaching 1100. 

Either way, I agree that the running game has to get better to even get into playoff contention, let alone make the playoffs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interesting Bengals fact during playoff years in ML era - masterpanthera_t - 10-06-2017, 04:15 PM