Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
End the rb trio committee for Mixon
(09-18-2017, 07:46 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I heard people say the same thing about Jeremy Hill.  He should be the focal point of the offense.  No committee, more Hill.  Best RB we've had since Dillon or better than Dillon?  UH oh, his numbers aren't great...he clearly needs more carries to get a rhythm going and blah blah blah.

I'm not anti-Mixon so much as I just want to point out how we could just dig up all our RB related posts from two years ago and replace Hill with Mixon and get the same results.

Many can tout Mixon as the next Dillion the way many touted Rik Mirer as the next Joe Montana.  I"m just not as gung-ho about centering this entire offense around a RB who isn't producing.  Then again, we're screwed either way so I guess we can just run him into the ground ala Bell and the Steelers.

EDIT:  Actually, I can almost see that happening.  Fast forward a decade and Joe Mixon was supposed to be the best Bengals RB since Dillion but they decided to cut his career short by giving him over 350 carries in his rookie year behind an o-line that made sure he'd get hit in the backfield.

Correct.  But Jeremy Hill at some point decided he wanted to be LeVeon Bell and wait behind the LOS for something to open up.  2 problems with that:  1) Jeremy Hill is not LeVeon Bell, 2) the Bengal line is not the Steeler line.  

I liked hill as a straight up power back running behind a full back.  Somewhere he veered off course to try to become a finese back.  I'm no longer buying.  Next up...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: End the rb trio committee for Mixon - Daddy-O - 10-07-2017, 10:04 AM