Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Ben Carson: It was OK for me to do research on aborted fetuses
(08-15-2015, 11:04 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: To quote Marco Rubio, "It can't turn into a donkey."

A dead sperm cell can't fertilize an egg.  A dead egg can't be fertilized by a sperm.  None of the cells in your body can turn into a newborn baby, but that has no bearing upon whether the cells in your body are alive or dead.  Are the cells in your body dead?  No.  The cells in your body are alive.

I have degrees in biology and physician assistant studies.  My line of work requires I be a subject matter expert.  I doubt your line of work requires intro to high school biology.  It is not a "biological fact life begins at conception."  As I have already pointed out, sperm and egg cells are already alive before conception, because if they were dead conception wouldn't occur.

I have already posted the pregnancy wheel which allows us to estimate the gestational age.  Gestational age begins the last day of the last menstrual cycle which is before conception. Thanks for making my point.
2 things:

1. You can tout your credentials all you want, but that still doesn't change the fact that biologists recognize that life begins at conception. There may be an outlier or two, but they are generally not taken very seriously. Doctors use before conception to determine viability not to asert this is when life begins.

2. This thread has derailed from the OP and I accept a great deal of the blame. If anyone wishes to make points unrelated to the Ben Carson issue (wish admittedly seems quite embarrassing) I suggest they do so in the Rubio thread.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ben Carson: It was OK for me to do research on aborted fetuses - bfine32 - 08-15-2015, 11:15 AM