Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
End the rb trio committee for Mixon
(09-18-2017, 03:53 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: He can't get 20-30 carries if he's not productive enough to get first downs. The Bengals RBs had 20 carries Week 2. Those 20 RB carries went for 63 yards, or 3.15 YPC.

Mixon has had 17 carries this season so far...
-7 have gone for 4 or more yards (long of 8)
-2 have gone for 3 yards
-2 have gone for 2 yards
-6 have gone for 1 or less yards

That's 7 successful carries (4+ yards) vs 10 unsuccessful carries (3- yards). He's sitting on a 2.6 YPC right now and he's not really doing well in the passing game either with 4 catches for 20 yards (5.0 AVG).

Keep in mind that Giovani Bernard has 4.2 YPC and 18.3 AVG right now.

- - - - - - - - - -

That said, I do agree with you that there needs to be a lot more focus of touches on one RB. I think RB by committee rarely ever works. The part where we disagree though is who should get the increase in touches.  I am not so sure that it's Mixon. He's honestly not shown much yet. He has 0 plays of 10+ yards in 21 touches.

yeah.. I see some upside in Mixon...and Gio..and Hill.  Untill the line BLOCKS  rather well.. I don't KNOW what's there. I HAVE some hopes our O-Line guys at least become about what we expected on draft Day.
I Saw Bill Walsh build a dynasty with the Niners.   They did not need a lot of high picks.   They'd pick a "sleeper" and coach him up to Starter...Pro Bowl.  Walsh and the Niners......could CREATE stars out of guys they drafted rather low.
Jesse Sapoulo was ..I think a rd 10 pick. He became a Top C, starter on Super Bowl Winners, Pro Bowl.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: End the rb trio committee for Mixon - redwood - 10-07-2017, 08:33 PM