Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
End the rb trio committee for Mixon
(10-07-2017, 06:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You are talking about a trimmed mean.

Andy and Barney always said Floyd gave a mean trim, but he took too much off their sideburns.  Right now I would say none of the Bengals RBs are tearing up the NFL in stats.  Some very basic math is under Zampese 2 games. no touchdowns.  Under Lazor 2 games we are getting touchdowns.  So far Lazor seems to be dealing up the right plays with the right players. He seems to know what he is doing. One huge change is Lazor sees the Bengals went to a younger and faster offensive line, so he has the tackles and guards pulling out more on sweeps, power sweeps, traps, screens. Instead of lining moon pies out with WR's, they are now pulling out from a normal O Line formation.  Plays are lining up and running faster and crisper. I even saw Hill gain yards on a sweep which he never does. Mixon looks like the guy that can run any play, but Bernard is catching and getting TD's and Hill can still pound it.  I see more method than madness to what Lazor is doing.  That he coached with Joe Gibbs, Mike Holmgren, Jim Mora, Chip Kelly is a good thing like Zimmer past of Bill Parcells.  It could be the key number is we got rid of 1 bad OC and got 1 good OC who actually helps and makes game changes and is dialing up good plays. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: End the rb trio committee for Mixon - kevin - 10-07-2017, 10:02 PM