Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bernie Supporters and Bad Memes
(08-15-2015, 12:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So if everyone went to high school and all labor was "skilled" then what would happen?  Would all of thoise low paying jobs suddenly disappear and be replaced by high paying jobs?  THAT is my point.  

And how many people wait until they are forty to start a family?  When my wife was over 35 and had a child she was considered "high risk".  So should every woman be forced to wait until she is the high risk range to start a family.

When did I say that people wait until they 40 to start a family?   I said "raise a family".  I'm 40 and have a 14 year old daughter, therefore I'm "raising a family". 

Not all labor is skilled.  It's never going to be.  It doesn't require a high school diploma or a college degree to work the grill at McDonald's.  Those are unskilled, entry-level positions that aren't there for someone to "raise a family" on. 

Your answer is to force businesses into paying those people wages that they're simply not worth. 

Your answer will lead to kiosks in place of cashiers, and eventually automation anywhere that technology allows it.

On a related note, I saw a program the other day on TV that showed a technological advancement in the test phase.  It's a grocery store, that has a U-Scan type of system that utilizes RFID chips in the packaging.  The customer walks their cart through a thing that looks like a metal detector, and instantly all of the items are rung in without removing a thing from the cart. 

These are the types of things that businesses that use unskilled labor will do in response to "living wage" increases. 

WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bernie Supporters and Bad Memes - jakefromstatefarm - 08-15-2015, 12:49 PM