Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
End the rb trio committee for Mixon
(10-08-2017, 05:29 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I agree with getting Gio the ball in space more. However, Gio is really not much of a between the tackles threat, particularly with this OL.

Look at the Buffalo game where Mixon got the bulk of the carries (15) with just over 3 ypc, Hill had only 4 carries and had 4 ypc. Gio had 2 carries for 2 yards total (1 ypc). We just aren't running it enough and I presume that's because run blocking is weak.

In receiving Gio had 2 receptions for 30 yards. Much better production with the same touches.

Personally I'd like to see him play out in the slot some to pressure Boyd and whoever else we are putting out there. Today was the AJ Green show on the receiving side of the ball 7 catches for 189 and a TD. Boyd 2 catches for 6 yards and LaFell had 5 catches for 32 yards.
Yes playing him there and sometimes motioning him into the slot, or pair with another WR on the edge.

If our O-line can produce enough time he could be valuable in the passing game.

One of the pass plays today was improvised but brought a nice gain.

I still think Gio in the middle of the field past the LOS as an outlet pass could bring great potential too.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: End the rb trio committee for Mixon - BengalsRocker - 10-08-2017, 05:51 PM