Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arian Foster goes public not believing in God
(08-15-2015, 12:16 PM)jason Wrote: I didn't believe in God when I was his age either.

I think it is easier if you are not brought up to believe in a God or gods to then explore questions/faiths and make that transition to becoming a believer than it is to walk away from a belief system you were taught as a child. Julia Sweeney explores this very honestly in her wonderful one woman show, "Letting Go of God." But whether you were raised in a faith, changed churches, or were raised with no religion and gravitated to it as an adult, I think the key thing is allowing your thinking and beliefs to evolve. It seems very few people are able to do that, even as they claim religion and/or spirituality is important to them. That always seems strange to me. I commend you for allowing your position on the matter to change.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arian Foster goes public not believing in God - xxlt - 08-15-2015, 04:05 PM