Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arian Foster goes public not believing in God
(08-15-2015, 01:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Foster has admitted that in the past he has been one of those "aggressive" atheists that annoy so many people.  But he has said that he is trying to be more laid back about it.

I don't really see it as that big of a deal.  There are a lot of people who are either atheist or agnostic today.

Well, if you read the article you saw that more people would vote for a Muslim or a Moormon than they would an atheist. So, knowing that people would disqualify someone from consideration for office for not being a believer is a big deal to me. This may cost Foster endorsements as well. He doesn't care, but again, I think that sort of discrimination is a big deal. The Christians have cried of late about their persecution yet the fact is you can stand on the street corner talking gibberish (speaking in "tongues") and flailing your arms around with a bible in one hand and you aren't as scary to people as Foster who says simply he believes in neither God nor Satan. I think if that is the culture we live in, and it is, it is just as big a deal as the racism, sexism, and homophobia that garner headlines. People should not be discriminated against because of their religion or their lack of religion. It really should be a private matter. But again, our culture won't let it be - politicians, athletes, and the guy at the corner store feel a pressure to "come out" for team Jesus, and that is just not cool. As Joe Biden says, "It is a big effin' deal."
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arian Foster goes public not believing in God - xxlt - 08-15-2015, 04:12 PM