Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF Highlights, Bengals vs. Bills
(10-10-2017, 12:44 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: ML has stated over and over again he does not agree with PFF rankings and they don't use them to evaluate performance. So whatever they use, they must disagree with PFF unless we think they Bengals coaching staff wants to lose. I don't buy that narrative. Again, I am not defending Bodine but using PFF as a sole source to evaluate performance and ignoring the coaches who evaluate every play made and understood 100% the player's responsibility is short sided in my opinion. People in this forum hated Peko, called him a POS players so the best defense in the NFL signs him to his biggest contract yet (even though he has aged) so again are the fans the dummies or are John Elway and Tobin the dummies?

People down on Peko were down primarily on his (lack of) ability to rush the passer. Also, the Bengals were 23rd in rush yards allowed per attempt (4.4) and 21st in rushing yards per game (113.3) last year, so he didn't seem to be making much of an impact.

Fast forward to 2017 where the Bengals are now 12th in rush yards allowed per attempt (3.8) and 15th in rushing yards allowed per game (103.2).
Denver is #1 both, and Peko has been a valuable part of that.

Both teams have improved in their run defense compared to last year. Also worth noting that Bengals were 19th in sacks last year at 33, and this year they are 2nd at 18. So not only has the run defense improved some but the pass rush has improved a ton. Peko has 0 sacks this year too, showing that he is still a liability as a pass rusher. Sometimes it does benefit both teams for a veteran to move on.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: PFF Highlights, Bengals vs. Bills - ochocincos - 10-10-2017, 02:05 PM