Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF Highlights, Bengals vs. Bills
(10-10-2017, 04:58 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: I think this a tiny bit misleading. 

1st, peko is run stopping nose tackle type where getting tackles and sacks is not his primary job. His primary job is to plug the gap creating no space for the runner to run through.  This can make grading using a site like pff difficult. He was never going to be a sack machine either he weighs like a million pounds lol.

2nd, being a nose tackle type makes it also difficult to judge his effect on the run game by using overall ypc. He wouldn't have an impact on counter run plays and pitches to the outside. I would be interested to see if they have a stat on just runs up the middle when he was in the game. Also, I think overall ypc has more to do with linebacking corp which ours it seems is playing at a higher level this year.

Fair enough, but I'm not going to go watch every single snap of every game that NTs play in to determine who is better or not. I don't have the interest nor time to do so. So I'm going to use statistics to help determine that much faster, even if they are slightly misleading.

Bottom line: Bengals run defense and pass rush are both better this year and Peko is not on the team. As long as it's better, I don't care who is here and who is not.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: PFF Highlights, Bengals vs. Bills - ochocincos - 10-10-2017, 05:17 PM