Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
‘Go home!’ Mayor tweets after white nationalist tiki torch ‘flash mob’
(10-10-2017, 04:38 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: You know, its really strange to me how much everyone suddenly cares about white supremacists when this stuff has been going on for years.

Trump becomes president and now suddenly everyone cares about white racist guys with fire. It'll be interesting to see how much everyone suddenly doesn't care about stuff like this when Trump isnt president. 

I'm not sure if you're from Cincinnati, or how old you are, but massive unrest used to happen every year around the holidays. The KKK would erect crosses in fountain square and set them ablaze. They claimed this was their religious right, and eventually the city ended up having to ban non-KKK Christians, Jews, and any other religious groups from having public displays on the square.

I believe this went on through the mid-90s, and every year, there were tons of protests, and it was the biggest December topic of conversation in the city. If social media were a thing then, you'd likely see similar reactions to it.

I don't remember this stuff going on over the last 20 years. I'm 100% positive that there were far-right nazi rallies, but I don't recall hearing about them. Maybe it was the lack of heavy media coverage, or maybe it was the fact that it turned very, very violent this time, with the demonstrators wearing MAGA hats and claiming support from the president (which he only half-assedly denounced).

Can you show me any times in the last couple decades where there was unrest this violent? Not saying that it didn't happen...I'm actually curious if it was this bad all along.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: ‘Go home!’ Mayor tweets after white nationalist tiki torch ‘flash mob’ - Johnny Cupcakes - 10-10-2017, 09:44 PM