Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals have a chance to help push wobbling Big Ben to a retirement decision.
(10-10-2017, 08:43 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I went to one steeler game at Pittsburgh (the 2011 game where we got destroyed something like 35-7 and The Rapist and Whines Hard set franchise records   Whatever)... And the one saving grace of that day was that every single Steeler fan I met was as cool as can be. They were nothing like the typical buck-toothed, fat f***s you encounter all over the country. There was some good natured ribbing, sure. But that was it: good natured. Not a hint of arrogance or straight up douchebaggery.

And a few of them were realistic and straight up honest and said they "never travel well". I was told you'll "rarely see any steeler fan here anywhere else, aside from maybe philly and Cincy. You'll never see a real steeler fan in Seattle". Pretty much verbatim from what I remember.

The steeler fans you see all over the country are the bandwagoners. That was great to hear... And in a way, I kinda felt bad for the Pittsburgh native fans. The vast majority of the steeler fanbase are the @$$holes we all know and hate, by default painting them in a bad light.  

I'm glad to hear you say this, as I'm going to Pittsburgh for the game in a couple weeks. The Steeler fans that I've encountered besides my friends (in Virginia) are arrogant douches.

I'll be with my buddies (Steeler fans), so they'll have my back, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous going up there with a Bengals Jersey on
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals have a chance to help push wobbling Big Ben to a retirement decision. - Captain Happy Pants - 10-10-2017, 10:22 PM