Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knowingly Spreading HIV No Longer Felony in CA
(10-11-2017, 11:53 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: That seems to contradict your previous posts where you reminded everyone about intent, which I read as you suggesting no criminal intent existed. These are all scenarios where the person knows they have it and knows their actions will likely spread it to the unsuspecting person. 

I'm basing it off the OP:

Quote:“Today California took a major step toward treating HIV as a public health issue, instead of treating people living with HIV as criminals,” Wiener said in a statement. “HIV should be treated like all other serious infectious diseases, and that’s what SB 239 does.”

Supporters of the change said the current law requires an intent to transmit HIV to justify a felony, but others noted cases have been prosecuted where there was no physical contact, so there was an argument intent was lacking.

Seems to me all they did was say it is the same as other infectious diseases and if there is "intent" it can still be a felony.  Like I said:  treat them all the same.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Knowingly Spreading HIV No Longer Felony in CA - GMDino - 10-11-2017, 11:55 AM