Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knowingly Spreading HIV No Longer Felony in CA
(10-11-2017, 12:03 PM)GMDino Wrote: How is hepatitis, herpes, etc treated under CA law?  If HIV was the only one treated differently before they are all treated the same now.

Each case will be unique.  And "can" be treated as a felony still.  That wasn't taken off the table according to the OP.  It just was automatically a felony.

I don't have a problem with that personally.

And I said make them all felonies or don't.  Given your post make all the permanent ones felonies or don't.  It's all the same to me if they are treated the same way.

There's a further argument to make over the severity of HIV compared to Herpes/HPV/Hepatitis and the fact that HPV, despite being incurable, is mostly harmless to people. It really depends on the type. Obviously, certain things are worse than others and need to be treated based on their severity. If the severity determines the punishment, not stigmas, then I would be happy.

But stigmas and the punishment of other things aside, making this a misdemeanor is a joke. I guess other things should be a felony. The fact that knowingly giving someone herpes is only a misdemeanor doesn't mean we should make something as heinous as knowingly infecting people with HIV a misdemeanor.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Knowingly Spreading HIV No Longer Felony in CA - BmorePat87 - 10-11-2017, 12:14 PM