Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guenther..do we lose him this off season?
(10-11-2017, 03:56 AM)grampahol Wrote: Pretending PG is still riding Zimmers coat tails is lazy at best. An outright lie is more like it.  I have a feeling PG is gone soon if he's not promoted. Same is true for Lazer if the offense keeps improving and finishes really strong.   

Really? PG is a terrible coordinator. He was a terrible linebackers coach under Zimmer. We’ve played some really bad offenses...like really bad. Browns don’t really need any explanation...Houston started a rookie with about a bland playcalling as you can get and he beat us on a long run with numerous poor missed tackles. Green Bay beat us barely with a whole slew of backups on their o-line. It’s easy to not give up a whole lot of stats against a team when your offense turns the ball over with short fields like they did against Baltimore.

Granted I think we have a lot of talent on our defense and this team is capable of performing as a top defense in the league but PG is really good at calling some head scratching plays every game. If our d-line isn’t getting pressure than forget about it. Things like dropping our DEs in coverage never seem to pan out. He absolutely still rides the coattail of Zimmer. I really can’t stand when he blitzes but has his corners 7-10 yards off the receivers and when it’s 3rd and short and the corners are 7-10 yards off the line of scrimmage. It’s just pure situational playcalling that he messes up time and time again. He doesn’t disguise his defense nearly enough...so much so that I can almost always predict what other offenses will do based upon the situation and formation he’s running.

I really feel like the guys like Atkins make PG look better than he really is. There’s a very noticeable difference when we have different guys subbed in. I know there will always be a slight drop off but it’s not slight with us. A seasoned vet QB and good coaching will always outcoach and outplay PG’s defense.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Guenther..do we lose him this off season? - Stonyhands - 10-11-2017, 01:00 PM