Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump admin rescinds Obamacare hhs contraceptive mandate
(10-11-2017, 07:36 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: 1) I did follow the conversation and I responded to your specific quote. That's why I quoted it. Simultaneously, I didn't respond to the remark I didn't quote. Isn't that how the quote feature works? You made a comment about societies which promote sex for reasons other than procreation. Well, look no further than practitioners of Western medicine. No amount of trying to redirect my comment to another quote article wasn't responding to the I'll change that despite your efforts.

2) No shit, Sherlock. Why does the employer get to decide what prescription your wife's insurance will and will not cover, for example?

Depends upon what plan the customer pays for and the employer shouldn't get to decide what the patient does or doesn't receive.

3) Guess what? The Army paid for my elective procedure after I tore my meniscus for the second time. Pretty much everything ortho does is elective. Unless it is a life saving procedure during an emergency; it's elective. That cardiac cath you had: elective. Since your cardiac cath costs a helluva lot more than 12 months of birth control pills maybe insurance companies should cut those elective procedures?  Something tells me you don't think your elective procedures should be touched.

1) Yes, you have mastered the quote feature; the keeping up with the conversation at hand not so much

2). Because they provide the insurance?

3) I suppose you could elect not to walk and I could elect for blood not to flow to my heart. As I have said if it is for personal health issues it should be covered; as I have learned an IUD's function is to reduce menstrual cramps.  Other than that I see no issues with an employer choosing what is covered if they are the ones providing the insurance. Take out supplemental insurance of find an employer that has a health plan you like. 

I understand there are those that say the Government should mandate what the employer should provide, but maybe just giving the employee the money they spend on healthcare. (I received it once; it was called a "cafeteria plan") and allow the individual to decide. As you have stated Pill Control Pills are not that expensive. 

Of all the issues. Employers not being required to provide contraception is fairly low on the list
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump admin rescinds Obamacare hhs contraceptive mandate - bfine32 - 10-11-2017, 07:57 PM