Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump admin rescinds Obamacare hhs contraceptive mandate
(10-11-2017, 07:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 1) Yes, you have mastered the quote feature; the keeping up with the conversation at hand not so much

2). Because they provide the insurance?

3) I suppose you could elect not to walk and I could elect for blood not to flow to my heart. As I have said if it is for personal health issues it should be covered; as I have learned an IUD's function is to reduce menstrual cramps.  Other than that I see no issues with an employer choosing what is covered if they are the ones providing the insurance. Take out supplemental insurance of find an employer that has a health plan you like. 

I understand there are those that say the Government should mandate what the employer should provide, but maybe just giving the employee the money they spend on healthcare. (I received it once; it was called a "cafeteria plan") and allow the individual to decide. As you have stated Pill Control Pills are not that expensive. 

Of all the issues. Employers not being required to provide contraception is fairly low on the list

The employer isn't providing the insurance, they sponsor the insurance. They pay half the premiums. The patient pays the other half of the premiums plus the cost of co-pays and the deductible. Meaning the employee pays more than 50%. If the employee doesnt pay they don't get insurance. The employers aren't required to provide contraception, the insurance plan is required to cover contraception. I didn't say birth control wasn't that expensive. I said it was cheaper than your ELECTIVE procedure. It's not my fault you don't know what is and isn't an elective procedure and picked a reeeeeeeeally poor example which back fired, but the fact remains a cardiac cath is elective and I correctly guessed you belueve your elective procedures should be covered.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump admin rescinds Obamacare hhs contraceptive mandate - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 10-11-2017, 08:44 PM