Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump admin rescinds Obamacare hhs contraceptive mandate
(10-11-2017, 11:36 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Anyone is free to find a new job with an employer who wishes to offer every type of birth control. Besides places like hobby lobby do offer birth control just not the entire list mandated by Obamacare. People get birth control just not a compete list.

Again, why does an employer paying less than half the cost of the insurance get to dictate what prescriptions will and won't be covered? There are a lot of ignorant business owners out there who shouldn't be involved in other people's medical decision making. Should an anti-vaxxer owner be allowed to deny their employees vaccination coverage because of the owner's sincerely held belief in bullshit? No.

It's the patient's insurance, not the company's insurance. The employees are paying hundreds each month in premiums so it's not like they are getting shit for free. When I worked for a California based company I was paying almost $1K/mo for health insurance. I laugh at the idea I was paying roughly $12K/yr, but my wife was getting "free" birth control.

If these were Muslim owned companies forcing Sharia onto employees via health insurance you and bfine would have a shit fit. But, since it is "Christian" companies like Hobby Lobby forcing their religious views into employee's health insurance benefits you two are willing to turn a blind eye.

Either offer the health insurance or don't. But, employers shouldn't be able to force their religious beliefs onto employees by hijacking their insurance.

The new proposal means Hobby Lobby can offer employees health insurance with no contraceptive choices instead of limited choices.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump admin rescinds Obamacare hhs contraceptive mandate - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 10-12-2017, 12:59 AM