Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitehall police investigating racially charged letter sent to day care
(10-12-2017, 02:56 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Is there anything the law can do?  

Depends on a lot of variables, but if the letter was threatening in any way, they can at least conduct an investigation, I would think.

(10-12-2017, 03:36 PM)GMDino Wrote: Oh hell no.  Let the community know that a racist is among them that is so offended that a "too dark" person is working that the daycare center.

Hopefully a good public shaming.

And I'll feel the same way if this turns out to nothing more than a hoax.  Public shame the person behind it.

If they knew the identity of the raicst, then sure. But, if they didn't and his goal was to stir up trouble, aren't you helping him achieve his goal? Why would you want to help a racist spread his racism?

(10-12-2017, 03:48 PM)Benton Wrote: I thought we tried the 'ignore racism away' approach?

Could've fooled me based on news stories from the past 20 years or so.

But, seriously, I think there's a time to ignore it and a time to take action. In the case of the OP, I think it's best to ignore it and not draw attention to one racist (unless they find out hwo it is).

(10-12-2017, 03:49 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Didn't the letter get sent to the employee, as well?

Sort of. According to the article, there were 2 letters in one envelope.

(10-12-2017, 04:19 PM)michaelsean Wrote: You don't ignore racist acts, you ignore racists when all they want is attention.  You certainly don't give them advertising they couldn't buy in a million years.

That's what I'm getting at. If this guy's goal is to upset people, congratulations, you've helped him achieve his goal. 
[Image: giphy.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Whitehall police investigating racially charged letter sent to day care - PhilHos - 10-12-2017, 05:46 PM