Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitehall police investigating racially charged letter sent to day care
(10-12-2017, 05:58 PM)GMDino Wrote: It should not be upsetting that there are racists...it should be infuriating.  

Can't disagree with that.

(10-12-2017, 05:58 PM)GMDino Wrote: And large groups should speak out about it until said racist feels insecure enough to move along.
I don't think it needs to be large groups. I think EVERYONE should speak out saying that racism is unacceptable in today's society.
(10-12-2017, 05:58 PM)GMDino Wrote: Announcing there is a racist in a town is no different that announcing there is one in the US or on this board or in any group or your own family.  Call them out.
If you don't know hwo it is, announcing there's a racist, at best, only serves to have the racist go into hiding. Sure, that may mean no racist incidents for a short time, but you're not eradicating racism. And, more likely, you're going to cause problems, people will start to distrust each other wondering if so-and-so is the racist, etc. there will be anguish and distress, etc.
I'm fine with public shaming if you KNOW who the racists are (also assuming that they're actually racist and you're not just calling them that because you disagree with their views on a topic or two), but I don't see the value in announcing there's an unknown racist in our midst, so to speak.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Whitehall police investigating racially charged letter sent to day care - PhilHos - 10-12-2017, 06:27 PM