Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump to become first president to speak at anti-LGBT hate group's summit
(10-13-2017, 12:49 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I couldn't care less what SPLC labels them, nor do I care about how other religions view gay people. I don't even know where the Muslim comment came from.

A group that lobbies government officials to legalize discrimination against a class of people and calls them detrimental to society on the basis of their gender, orientation, race, or any similar factor is a hate group. Discrimination is hostility towards a group.

To clarify, the label I apply to them has to do with their actions and statements, not the labels used by any other group. I don't think any logical poster here would argue with labeling the Family Research Council a "hate group" if we took everything they wrote and lobbied for and replaced sexual orientation with skin color, age, or disability. Giving someone a pass because they justify discrimination with religion doesn't make it any less immoral.

You walk in on a guy having sex with a cow. Is that disgusting, or if you say it's disgusting is it discrimination?
Or on a less hyperbolic/more realistic example, why is nobody trying to defend the rights of polygamists if discrimination is bad?

The bestiality bit was mostly a ridiculous example of the arbitrarily decided moving line on what you're required to be comfortable with if you don't want to be "discriminating" and the equally moving line on what is okay to be uncomfortable with/disapprove of.

A Korean man awhile back decided he wanted to marry his giant pillow that had an anime girl on it.
[Image: article-1268130775880-08A44469000005DC-3...36x513.jpg]
Should we support that, or is that not okay? Is that better or worse than wanting to lop off your genitalia?

Keep in mind, I have absolutely no care if people want to marry the same sex, marry multiple people, have a sex change, whatever. So long as it doesn't affect me and they don't constantly shove it in my face, more power to them if it makes them happy. I may think some of it is weird, or even really F'ing weird, but hey, their choice. I just find the always changing arbitrary moral line that determines "you must support this or you're a discriminatory hate group".

(10-13-2017, 01:04 PM)hollodero Wrote: The priorities might be wrong, and the left might have some fear of appearing oppressive to other cultures, hence holding their tongue too much. As i said. That's all I am giving you on that one though. The left is not a fan of Saudi-Arabia or places like the ones you described.
Your assessment is not entirely fair, and the irony you see seems a bit constructed. Oh yeah. Take that. :)

Yet the left's last Presidential candidate was a huge fan of them, took tons of their donations, too.

There's some hypocrisy going on there, Hollo.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump to become first president to speak at anti-LGBT hate group's summit - TheLeonardLeap - 10-13-2017, 01:34 PM