Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump to become first president to speak at anti-LGBT hate group's summit
[quote='Sociopathicsteelerfan' pid='447077' dateline='1507921033'

If the left applied the same level of scrutiny to islam that they did to the religious right in America then they would be engaged in non-stop outrage.  Instead, you have liberal leaning sources like HuffPo and the Guardian constantly seeking to mitigate or ignore these excesses.  It's more of a, "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" type of alliance but it's still an alliance.  How could a pro women movement include Linda Sarsour as a main leader if this were not the case?  She told an anti FMGM activist that she wished that she wished an asswhopping upon her and wished she could take their vaginas away?  I don't recall much if any outrage over that or any of her other highly questionable statements or beliefs.

Tacit approval is still approval.  If you stay silent or fail to speak against something, for whatever reason, then you are condoning it.  M
[/quote]

I think many on the left think if everybody treats everyone the same, everyone will get along. It’s a noble goal, but we’re a long way off from that working.

Until we get to the point where everybody likes everybody, we need some realistic ways to handle things, like your example of female mutilation. It’s not so much about trying to oppose someone culture as much as it is trying to protect people.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump to become first president to speak at anti-LGBT hate group's summit - Benton - 10-13-2017, 04:12 PM