Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump to become first president to speak at anti-LGBT hate group's summit
(10-13-2017, 03:57 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: If the left applied the same level of scrutiny to islam that they did to the religious right in America then they would be engaged in non-stop outrage.  Instead, you have liberal leaning sources like HuffPo and the Guardian constantly seeking to mitigate or ignore these excesses.  It's more of a, "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" type of alliance but it's still an alliance.  How could a pro women movement include Linda Sarsour as a main leader if this were not the case?  She told an anti FMGM activist that she wished that she wished an asswhopping upon her and wished she could take their vaginas away?  I don't recall much if any outrage over that or any of her other highly questionable statements or beliefs.

Well. I wouldn't argue too much about "leftist" outlets being quite partisan and maybe following questionable ideologies, but as long as there is FOX news and Breitbart I feel complaining about HuffPo is a bit of a one-sided view. You mentioned the "enemy of my enemy"-perspective, and while there might be truth to that (I honestly do not know), it's also exactly how I feel the conservative (or "right") spectrum treats the alt-right movement. One difference being, again, that Islam is not an influential political movement, and claims stating otherwise are blowing thngs out of proportion.
With Linda Sansour, I'm going on a limb here and claim this person just isn't that important to begin with. It's tough to demand condemnation of just every creature claiming to be on a certain side. This looks like a Kathy Griffin situation, a situation where I just can say of course it was wrong what this person did, but it's only this person and trying to paint her wrongdoing as the left's wrongdoing is unfair, just as it would be unfair to associate white supremacist's wrongdoing with the political right. While this analogy is flawed, I guess the logic behing it can maybe be accepted.

(10-13-2017, 03:57 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Tacit approval is still approval.

As I said, I can't really disagree on that one. I wouldn't take it as far as you do, but the premise sure is valid. I cannot see it as a typical left behaviour though, for reasons too many to list here.

(10-13-2017, 03:57 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: If you see it that way.  I certainly don't, for reasons I hope I've explained a bit better.  I could go into more detail if you like.  You probably don't. Smirk

Oh you're wrong, I absolute would like that. Your opinion, while often not matching mine, is always welcome and more often than not also interesting.

PS I wouldn't call that group a "hate group" either. Doesn't mean I don't deeply dislike them for what they say, which I do.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump to become first president to speak at anti-LGBT hate group's summit - hollodero - 10-13-2017, 08:20 PM