Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yes, our OL is that bad - It's not your imagination
(10-15-2017, 10:56 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I know the narrative is oline, oline, oline, but sometimes your playmakers have to make plays. When Ty Montgomery was the lead back in GB he averaged 3.3 YPC, he goes down and Aaron Jones is averaging 5.4 YPC. Did their oline get that much better?

Right now Gio Bernard is averaging 4.6 YPC behind the same oline that Mixon is averaging 2.8 YPC. So do they block better for Gio? You know a big reason a RB might get hit often behind the LOS? He spends too much time there.

In their most recent game they gave up 1 sack to a Bills team that has 12 on the year. I fully realize that Andy get sacked because of oline and Andy doesn't get sacked because of Andy.

This is not to say the oline is performing well, they are not, but as I mentioned earlier I don't know how much stock I put in a ranking that has CLV and GB olines top 10 and has NYG above anyone. I also grow tired over every other thread being about the poor oline and the few threads that are not about the oline become...."but the oline". To make an omelette you have to break a few eggs, we are currently in the egg breaking stage in 3 of our 5 Oline positions. The constants are Boling and Bodine and they were a fine combination against the run last year.

So maybe, just maybe we can talk about something else every now and then. Hell, Marvin thinks there are too many "oline sucks" threads

Gio is a different kind of back than mixon and hill. I know this is obvious, so not sure how you missed that one. 

Also, the lack of sacks vs the bills were do to Andy getting rid of the ball a lot quicker and had a competant coach calling plays. Again, this is pretty obvious. 

Even on the long pass to green Andy got the ball out quick. He was definitely not hanging out in the pocket all game lime he was in the beginning of the season. If he was he would have been sacked more. But I will say the line did look a little better, but still looked pretty terrible. 

Also, I like when people post stats that I am too lazy to look up. This is a PUBLIC forum and not a whatever bfine thinks should be posted forum..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Yes, our OL is that bad - It's not your imagination - TheUberHuber - 10-15-2017, 04:29 PM