Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New England and Pittsburgh get passes
(10-15-2017, 09:29 PM)BengalRed Wrote: The Pats got a gift reversal on a play against the Jets today. The Steelers seem to never get called for anything i.e. Mike Mitchell. Even Tony Romo said one of his plays today looked like he was targeting with his head. We need to get the word out as much as we can while there is a lot of chatter about these two teams getting favorable calls simply for who they are. I don't know but maybe if we raise enough of a stink before this upcoming matchup against the Steelers we could get some calls to go our way.

They are the media and NFL darlings with obvious and admitted preferential treatment.  They want these 2 teams in the AFC Championship game, with the drama that the Steelers have never beaten the Patriots in the playoffs in recent history.

Wait until Sunday in Pittsburgh!!  The penalties will be so lopsided it will be beyond ridiculous!!  

THE ONLY CHANCE A TEAM HAS TO KEEP THE REFS OUT OF THE GAME IS TO HAVE A LOPSIDED WIN. BUT THE REFS CAN EVEN ADJUST TO THAT WITH PHANTOM HOLDING CALLS AND NO HOLDING CALLS, DEPENDING ON WHO HAS THE BALL.

Some in here think Burfict gets exactly what he deserves and is his own worst enemy.  I'm not going to debate that statement because it is pretty much on the mark   .....   HOWEVER, it's the double standard that I despise.  

Switch teams with Burfict and Mitchell and I can tell you, without doubt, it would be a different scenario, regardless of reputation or past offenses.

I'm not saying Burfict would never get flagged and/or penalized, but it would be NOTHING like it is currently.  For the most part, Burfict 
would be seen as a hard nosed football player who just needs to adjust to the 'today's' football like Ray Lewis had to.

Mitchell would be a 'dirty' player with a target on his back!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: New England and Pittsburgh get passes - bengalguy71 - 10-16-2017, 12:51 PM