Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Ben Carson: It was OK for me to do research on aborted fetuses
(08-15-2015, 10:29 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: No, I don't understand because this is probably the most idiotic argument I've ever read on the internet, not because I'm obtuse. 

You're right.  You're not obtuse.  Calling you obtuse is insulting to obtuse people.  You're IQ would need to increase an entire standard deviation for you to increase your current level of intelligence in order to become obtuse.

Here's an example...

(08-11-2015, 09:50 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: I have a very open-mind.  Believe it or not, this isn't the first time I've ever discussed abortion in my life.  

I know what I know, and it's not likely to change.  

(08-12-2015, 02:39 AM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: Obviously on abortion, I'm not open-minded.  

When I was discussing me being open-minded, I wasn't referring to abortion, OBVIOUSLY.  

I was speaking in general.  

That's obviously a tough concept to grasp for some, for whatever reason.  

Yes, obviously on abortion you're not open minded except at the beginning of our conversation you specifically told me you were open minded regarding abortion.

(08-12-2015, 02:13 AM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: No, you couldn't be more wrong.

Being open-minded doesn't mean that I have to be willing to reconsider my thoughts and opinions on specific things.

Am I being closed-minded if I say that I believe that child molestation is wrong? 

I'm open-minded on a great deal of subjects.  Abortion is not one of them.  That doesn't make me less open-minded.  

You don't even know what open minded means.  If you aren't open minded about one thing that makes less open minded than you could be by at least one subject!

Dude, WTF?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ben Carson: It was OK for me to do research on aborted fetuses - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 08-16-2015, 02:07 AM