Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump to become first president to speak at anti-LGBT hate group's summit
(10-18-2017, 02:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I suppose the question begs: Who made you judge of what is and is not allowed to be tolerated?

Well, personally, I think most people agree that people who want to kill or who hate entire groups of people based on race or who they choose to love or what religion the follow should not be tolerated in a civil society.

Maybe that's why some people are still defending Nazis?

(10-18-2017, 02:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I pretty much let folks have their views and go about my business. I have no problem with folks expressing their views; my problem has always come with a counter group trying to silence them. Why are we so scared to let folks that have views opposed to ours (left read as "views that are damaging to entire groups of people") talk? Allow them to express their views and then expose them for the idiots they are and hopefully no one will try to silence you when you do so.

I always feel like we should the hate-filled/stupid/evil people speak so everyone can hear how dumb they really are. But I also have little problem with them being totally outnumbered and shouted down from the rooftops for being hate-filled/stupid/evil.

(10-18-2017, 02:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No one is telling you that you should tolerate  anything; however, when you do not tolerate speech; you are intolerant. Of course that's my view and perhaps not that of "normal people".

I see the disconnect. I don't think it's the "speech" not being tolerated. I think its message of hate not being tolerated.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump to become first president to speak at anti-LGBT hate group's summit - GMDino - 10-18-2017, 03:04 PM