Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump to become first president to speak at anti-LGBT hate group's summit
(10-18-2017, 04:49 PM)hollodero Wrote: "The left" masks "their intolerance". First off, I do take issue with that generalization. That you are correct in many instances, for many "leftists" is you will, I can not argue. I know full well you are. That you extend it that way, however, is unfair.

Take the Breitbart internet mob. The marching white supremacists. The Arpaio worshippers. All certain groups of opinionated people that are deeply intolerant against any other view, all groups supporting Donald Trump, so for better or worse voting Republican, all undeniably part of the right spectrum. Now would I ever hold these groups, or Hannity/Limbaugh, or anything like that against you or your opinion or everyone on the right? Of course not. I But I feel by bringing up "leftist intolerance" in every other instance, you don't grant people from the proverbial other side the same courtesy. 

Also, you did not answer my question :) But that's ok.

And the counter-reaction to violent liberal protests was, I guess, meant as a reminder that it's not quite the time to climb the higher horse just for being on the rightist side. It indeed does look a bit bizarre to do so in these times.

I'm still not understand how being "intolerant" of hate speech is the same as being intolerant of people because of their racists/evil views.  Almost seems like a false equivalency yo hide a support for the racist/evil views.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump to become first president to speak at anti-LGBT hate group's summit - GMDino - 10-18-2017, 05:07 PM