Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A little info about our first preseason game.
The New York Giants were already missing a starting CB (Prince Aukamara) and their starting safeties were a rookie second round pick and Jeremy Miles (yes, that same Jeremy Miles). The rookie starter (Landon Collins) was injured in the first quarter, and 3 other DBS did not finish the game due to injury (Mykkele Thompson, Trumaine McBride, Jayron Hosly).

The Giants O-line was not good at all last year and they had already lost starting LT Will Beaty to injury. So there starting OTs were a rookie (Ereck Flowers) and Marshall Newhouse (yes, that same Marshall Newhouse). So don't get too e

And, of course, there defense had also lost arguably its best player from last year (Jason Pierre Paul).

So despite all of the hype from the media, the fact is that we played a 6-10 team that has gotten much worse during the offseason. They have some big name stars on offense, but overall they are a pretty weak team.

And finally let me remind everyone that at this time last year many people were calling for a guy to be our #2 QB just because he threw up on the field and made a couple of plays against guys who wouldn't make a final roster. And now we can't even remember his name.

So don't get too excited about Denarius Moore, Greg Little, or any other receiver who had some success against the dregs of a DB unit that was not very strong to begin with. And don't get carried away with what DeShawn Williams, Marcus Hardison, or any other D-lineman who had soem success against the bottom of a weak OL corps.

Obviously it is better for a player to look good in a pre-season game instead of bad. So it is good news that these Bengals did well. I am not turning into a grumpy hater. I am just saying that we need to keep this performance in perspective.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
A little info about our first preseason game. - fredtoast - 08-16-2015, 12:33 PM