Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A little info about our first preseason game.
I take what the starters do with a grain of salt. Whether good or bad. It's just fundamentals and doesn't worry me too much.

You should be happy that Little, Moore, and so on do good against those defensive backs. It shows that what we hear about practice isn't just talk, it shows up in game situations. Nothing to get excited about, but it shows players fighting to stay on the roster.

Sure, it's preseason. But obviously you need these games to see who does well. DiManche was pretty much someone many of us thought had a chance of getting cut. But the more he played in preseason and excelled, he got a chance to stay on the roster. Contributes on special teams, blocked a punt, and even forced a fumble in the Saints game last year.

This is where you see if players learned and can put it to work. So yes, I am glad the Bengals had all around success against the Giants. And I hope these receivers continue to improve and show they can do well against the Bucs, Bears, and Colts.

Were the Giants 6-10? Yes. The Bengals also lost to the Browns, a team that had 1 more win than the Giants. Plus, you're talking about Scott. A guy who played mainly against the 3's and 4's. You seem to forget that Little was a 2nd round pick and showed potential, and Moore has shown how much of a burner he is (something we desperately needed in the wildcard game). It's not like these two are no-name walk ons. These are guys who are trying to move up on the depth chart.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: A little info about our first preseason game. - wolfkaosaun - 08-16-2015, 03:03 PM