Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Offensive line train wreck in slow motion
(10-22-2017, 11:44 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Watching the center and guard slide to help other offensive linemen block a guy leaving a gaping hole that defenders run into and get sacks time after time is terrible. They need to stay in their gaps and form the pocket if the other linemen fail its on them. The line is our downfall and I don't see it getting any better this year if they have not come together by now they wont. A lineman putting a paw on a rusher close to him to help slow the rush is one thing sliding a few yards out of your gap is another entirely.

Agreed. I feel a lot of this falls on coaching. What the hell is the OLine coach teaching these guys? Why does Bodine consistently go to help a guard while leaving an untouched rusher a clear path to the QB? Could part of the bad play be scheme issues?

Honestly, we all know 4 of our OLineman do not deserve to be starting for a professional football team, but some of this clearly falls at the feet of our OLine coach. Unfortunately, even if Marvin gets fired, I doubt the new coach will be allowed to replace Alexander the Great.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Offensive line train wreck in slow motion - muskiesfan - 10-22-2017, 11:48 PM