Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin gets crushed by the fans (rightly so)...but I don't see any coach winning here
Meh, in my eyes (and I'm not omniscient, so take it for what it is) Marvin lost the right to be seen as a victim of Mike Brown when he and Palmer united after 2010 to demand changes from Mike Brown and Marvin caved in. From that point onward I saw Marvin Lewis as being complicit, or at least compliant, with a flawed model for his own personal benefit.

I can understand why Marvin would do that, so I don't think he's a BAD person per se...but he had his plan to push for change and he instead chose to ride out a non-winning plan and let Palmer take the heat for "quitting" on the team. I don't think anyone can change Mike Brown's mind, but Marvin Lewis has been willingly standing in the way of potential progress for the past 7 years in my mind by being a go-to HC safety net of sorts.

tl;dr = Marvin Lewis gave up his fight for progression to save his own skin post-2010. He's more than a willing accomplice to Mike Brown's treachery at this point.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marvin gets crushed by the fans (rightly so)...but I don't see any coach winning here - Nately120 - 10-23-2017, 12:18 PM